4.25.2010

A few of my favorites!

Sometimes when I find something new that I like, I have a tendency to get, well, pretty obsessive over it! Some things I just obsess over for years... others come and go in phases. Here are a few things I'm currently/have been obsessing over:

Tyler Candles I have the Tyler candle in "Diva", this is what the description says: A warm and complex fragrance overflowing with delicious fruits and rich florals. Rich aromatic chocolate and amber complete this luscious blend! It smells sooo good!!!


OPI nail polish in "My chihuahua bites me!" - First of all, I love the name! It makes me laugh! Originally "Cajun Shrimp" was always my go to, it was a bright coral. Last summer I loved "Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It" which is very much like Cajun Shrimp but with more red tones. This summer I have found this new fun color! It reminds me of my favorite color from high school Maybelline's "Mango Mango". It's a pinky coral. It makes you look really tan!!

Chocovine - I was given a bottle of this and have fallen in love! Apparently it's red wine and dutch chocolate, first of all two of my favorites... chocolate and red wine! But it doesn't taste like wine, it tastes exactly like a chocolate martini! Just shake it up with some ice and pour it in a martini glass... HEAVEN!!

Pure Beech Sateen Sheets - One word: Heaven! These sheets are the most comfortable sheets in the world! I really don't think I will ever buy another kind. They are made from modal, a high-strength fiber regenerated from the Beechwood trees of Europe.


Ray Ban Aviators -  Brice got me a pair of Ray Ban aviators for our anniversary this weekend! They are the "cockpit" style. I love aviators b/c they are so classic, they never go out of style! 


Paul Mitchell "Moisture" products - I have blonde hair, so it gets damaged very easily between coloring, hair dryer, straightener, the sun.. etc. I had a rough day, so that calls for a trip to Ulta! Even if I just get a new nail polish color, or lip gloss I am completely cheered up. I'd also had a rough hair week... so I looked at some of the hair products. I found this set by Paul Mitchell. They were smaller travel sizes so I thought it would be great to try, if I didn't like it I wasn't stuck with a whole bottle. It was only $12, and I got the Instant Moisture Daily Shampoo, Instant Moisture Daily Treatment, and the Awapuhi Moisture Mist (which can also be used on your skin!). I'll have to say that within a week I could completely tell a difference. I am addicted to this line of products! And it only takes a tiny bit, so it lasts a long time!

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Self-Tanner - I'm trying to not tan as much as I used to, no tanning beds, and only laying out in the sun during the summer. I just bought this new self tanner the other day, I'm in love with it! Two days and I can already tell a huge difference, and I don't look orange! It has a built in bronzer, so you immediately look darker. It gives a nice glow, and has a hint of shimmer!
The September Issue - If you love The Devil Wears Prada you will love this movie! It's a behind the scenes look at what all goes into creating Vogue's largest issue of the year, the September issue. Anna Wintour, the editor-in-chief, has always been known as a TOUGH person to work for, which is who The Devil Wears Prada was based off of. I find her not to be that way... she is very straight forward, knows exactly what she wants and expects a lot from her colleagues, but at the same time she is very nice, and I think she would be a great boss. Watching this movie really makes me realize that my job isn't so bad... these people make Vogue their life, they eat, sleep and breathe Vogue. I'm sure the work schedule of their September issue is much worse than our "Best of Charleston" issue! :)


That's all I've got for now! I'm pretty sure I'll find more things to obsess over soon!! :)

5 comments:

  1. i have random obsessions too -- but of course mine are usually food related. that nail polish is SO similar to the one i'm wearing right now: "high hopes" by china glaze. and i loooove chocovine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find those sheets? They look soft and comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are at Bed Bath & Beyond... and make sure you have a 20% OFF coupon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O you know I am crazy coupon woman! haha! I still cut coupons every Sunday. PS.. you need to update the blog. How about one with some of your artwork? I want to see some of the stuff you have painted over the years. :) Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you through Fried Pink Tomato. Love your blog. Need those aviators, and I've got that nail polish as well. I'm a huge fan of that ind of color too!

    xo, Your Newest Follower

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::