5.11.2010

Girl Beer! (kind of)


Sometimes when you've had a long day at work, and its 95-100 degrees outside nothing seems to feel better than a nice cold beer! Well, the other day at work one of my co workers told me about Strawberry (!!!) Harvest Lager by Abita. Abita is a craft beer brewed in Abita Springs, Louisiana. Apparently this Strawberry beer is only available around Mardi Gras, and usually sometime in April/May. So really, 2 months of the year. That is not long enough! So I ventured to the grocery store... I love trying new flavors of beer (Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat!!) Not to mention it just sounds so cute, "strawberry beer". So tonight I finally got to try some. It is very light and crisp... with just a hint of strawberry, so it isn't sweet or an overwhelming flavor. I call it girl beer, but I'm pretty sure guys will love it as well! (my 2 co workers are guys  and they are obsessed) Everyone needs to hurry hurry hurry to the store right now and get it before it is gone off the shelf! I got the last one in the refrigerated section at Publix, but I did see some that were not refrigerated. I also heard they are sold at Total Wine. I am so excited, yet sad at the same time! Why can't they make this year round!?

10 comments:

  1. I'm getting this the next time I'm at Total Wine! Thanks for the great post about it! I'm in love with blueberry beer too! I actually wrote a post about it, awhile back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so delicious. Nothing tastes better than a cold beer on a hot day.

    It's freezing where I live right now, but I think I'll check out our local liquor store and see if they carry some anyway. I could always save it for a warm day.

    Thanks for the info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh was that what you were buying when i saw you the other day? i need to try this for sure! haha i was buying lame coor's light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, yes this is what I was buying when you saw me, and you definitely need to try it! I noticed when I was at Publix last night they were out (NO!!) but you could try another Publix or Whole Foods probably.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no such thing as girl beer they all make you burp and girls dont burp :) blahhhhhh Beeer! Love you miss you! thanks for the ipod update loving all the play list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stuff is so good... it tastes like strawberries, not like that fake strawberry flavor. Hoping I can find it in DC...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Publix last night, but they were out. According to their website, you can buy it at both Harris Teeters in Mt. Pleasant, and they also list the bars that serve it!! So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyy! I just found your blog and I absolutely love it!

    You have a new follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds really good and I’ll have to look for it around my way. I’ve had beer with a hint of blueberry before (can’t remember the name) and it was so good. This sounds so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am OBSESSED with that beer!

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::