5.06.2010

Holy Guacamole!

Yesterday was one of my favorite holidays, CINCO DE MAYO! I love it for many reasons, eating Mexican food, drinking margaritas, wearing silly sombreros, chips & queso, and just the excitement in general of Americans celebrating this "holiday" of Mexico. I've been to Mexico during Cinco de Mayo, and was astonished to see that they do not celebrate! I guess it's just another excuse for crazy Americans to drink and party. So yesterday my friends all had a fiesta, and my contribution was guacamole! When Marisa and I were on The Amazing Race we got sent to Acapulco when we were eliminated. (How horrible....) Gabby & Victor took care of us, and we all fell in love with Gabby's guacamole! We even had a contest one night to see who could make the best "guac sauce" as Marisa called it. Well, yay... WE WON! So last night I tried to remember everything that we had put in it. This is my recipe, it turned out amazing!


{Brooke's Guacamole}
•4 Hass Avocados
•Juice from 1 1/2 limes
•3 cloves of garlic, minced
•2 roma tomatoes, diced
•1/2 red onion, minced
•cilantro (to taste)
•salt (to taste)

Mix all of this together, chill & serve!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious!! Now I wonder where you learned your culinary expertise? :)

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::