6.16.2010

My Experimental Little Self

Recently I've been experimenting with food. I've gotten pretty bored doing the same ole breakfast routine of fruit, cereal/oatmeal, coffee... then a sandwich & fruit for lunch. Yesterday morning I tried a new little concoction and thought I'd share because now I find myself thinking about how yummy it's going to be in the morning!

This is what my oatmeal bowl includes:
• 1 pkg Quaker Oats fiber maple & brown sugar oatmeal (currently on SALE at Publix)
• 1 banana, sliced
• a handful of blueberries
• a dash of cinnamon
• one spoonful of peanut butter (what I like to call, Gods gift to the world)

I made it pretty for everyone before I devoured it:


This is simply nothing less than heaven in your mouth... this is what it looks like (not as pretty) after you mix it all up!
 

Today is my day off so for lunch I decided to use up the rest of my orzo pasta I had left over from the last pasta dish I made. I looked in my fridge and found a couple things to mix in with it. It was wondeful, yet again! SUCCESS! yay :)

•1 bag baby spinach
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 tomato, diced
• 2 heaping spoonfuls of Bertolli spaghetti sauce
•as much goat cheese as you would like

I sauteed the garlic in the bottom of a pot with some olive oil, then added my spinach leaves and tossed. Cover, and let cook down (they wilt pretty quick). Add in your tomato, spaghetti sauce, pasta, salt, pepper and goat cheese... mmm! (Note: if you don't like goat cheese, I think chunks of fresh mozzarella would be delish! I just happen to have an obsession over goat cheese)


Tonight my friend Jenny and I are going to Body Pump... I've never been to a Body Pump class before so I'm a little scared I won't be able to handle it. I'm a weakling these days! She said it's a lot of fun though and you can control your weight, so as long as I can use some tiny weights and just get a little toned I'm all for it. I'll let y'all know how it goes! Maybe it will become a new part of my life, along with getting up 20-30 min early to run! I need some encouragement so I'm probably going to put up this picture of Carrie Underwood as my desktop wall paper again. Carrie and her amazingly perfect legs hung on mine and my old roomie Chelsea's fridge for quite a while. She didn't really stop us from snacking but she forced us to the gym each day! Hopefully it will work again!

3 comments:

  1. I was just telling Aging Disgracefully that I put flax and PB in my oatmeal :O) I have been eating it like that for as long as I can remember :O) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i eat oatmeal or oat bran every morning at work. if i buy the packets, i get the high fiber ones too. i add flax seed for even more fiber! i love getting creative w/ oats - there so versatile! not to mention healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, that oatmeal looks really good! I am gonna have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::