6.13.2010

New Obsessions!

I've posted before how I get random obsessions... this weekend, I replaced 2 of my past obsessions with new ones! My hair has been doing awful lately, I couldn't get an appointment to get a hair cut immediately, so of course I freaked out. "My hair is so ugly! It's going to look horrible forever!" Being blonde, my hair gets very dry, accompanied with the humidity down here in Charleston = UGLY hair for me! I'm trying to grow it out, I just don't feel all that great with shorter hair. I am very envious of anyone that has long, thick, blonde hair! (Please pass some on to me!) Anyways... I ventured to Ulta on Saturday, and decided I was going to try a new shampoo & conditioner. I have heard in the past that your hair can actually get immune to hair products if you use them too long. I've had the same Paul Mitchell moisture shampoo since I moved here in March, so... I was probably immune. I decided on the Artec Kiwi Color reflector Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner. OMG! My hair is back to feeling soft and healthy again!! It's a miracle! Not to mention this stuff smells AMAZING... I really think it's the best smelling shampoo I've ever used!! GO BUY THIS NOW!


On my way out of the hair section I passed the nail polishes... oh no. I spotted the bright Malibu Barbie circa 1992 NEON PINK! ahhh how tan would this make me look?! VERY. I had to purchase. Oh, not to mention the color is called "Flip Flop Fantasy" HOW CUTE! And... I'm officially in love :)


On Friday, my mom and grandma came to Charleston to deliver my new desk, lamp & chair for my bedroom! YAY I no longer have to sit on the couch with my computer, which leaves me with a hurting back. My parents have spent the past few weeks refurbishing an old coffee table into a desk for me! My dad sanded it, restained it, put table legs on it and it is now a desk! He is so talented! My mom found this cute bamboo chair at an antique store, my dad stripped the paint off, and they painted it an aqua to match my room. She covered the cushion in brown and then embroidered this super cute palm tree on it in aqua. THEN she bought a lamp and covered the shade in aqua with my monogram in brown... ahh I love my new little working space! I'm going home next weekend to get a picture I painted of a conch shell to go above it... it will be perfect! :0)

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shampoo tip - I have dry blonde hair too and I am always looking for good products!

    Your desk and chair are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha is at it again! LOVE LOVE LOVE Mrs. Jackson. She needs to start some kind of business...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my sweet brookie poo!!!!!! I am getting that shampoo I like the bottle! I saw your parents this weekend and we all were just missing you :) Big kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nail polish!! So cute and fun for summer! And the chair and desk look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh that nail polish looks so similar to my "voltage pink" by china glaze. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i meant to tell you -- you might already know about it, but half.com (a division of ebay) sells used books for dirt cheap. i've gotten books for under a dollar and then it's like $4 shipping. totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'ADORE the Flip Flop Fantasy! So adorable! I'm a dry blonde in the South, too. I've had good luck with Paul Mitchell's Platium line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely understand your hair frustration (I'm considering chopping off my thick, coarse, mess!). I'm glad you found a product to help.

    Your desk and chair look really nice. Talented parents. :)

    I just checked out "The House on Tradd Street" and finished the first chapter. I'm hooked already. Thanks for the tip!

    Oh, love the polish, too! Great color for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi honey! Hope you are doing great! I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the shampoo tip, I picked it up and I am in LOVEEE!!!! Your desk and chair are so awesome, I'm obsessed with the chair cover, and what an absolutely adorable lamp! (We have matching Lilly screensavers too, woohoo!) Hugs to you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you're welcome!! I'm so glad you love it! I actually get so excited to take showers just because it smells so great! I love that we have matching Lilly wallpapers! :) It makes me happy every time I open my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no..... I'm going to have to go buy that nail polish now!!!

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::