7.12.2010

Weekend Recap!

This was a busy and crazy weekend, I felt like I was on the road the majority of the time! Saturday we drove to Columbia when I got off work and spent the night at my parents house. On the way we made a pit stop at Target to get a few things, Brice tried on this really awesome hat! hahaha!


We enjoyed visiting with my grandparents also! Of course my grandma had a bag of goodies... I got some nice stuff! A new cute pink apron, some really cute gold shoes, and (dun dun dunnn) a W├╝sthof paring knife! She told me when she was at my apartment, I had a puny little paring knife. :( So she got me pretty much the best of the best. This is what Ina Garten from The Barefoot Contessa uses! And now, I really only use this knife... it is amazing! It cuts so easily! We ended the evening having a delicious steak dinner and a nice swim in the pool.

Mommy to be!

Sunday morning we trekked up to Spartanburg for Jaime's first baby shower! It was so great to see so many people I haven't seen in a really long time. Jaime got some great gifts! Check some photos on her blog, here!

Marisa, Jaime & Me with the precious cupcakes!



After the shower we made our way back three hours to Charleston! I was exhausted but starving! I made a delicious and healthy version of one of my very favorite sandwiches, The BLT! Except this is what I call a FBSTM (fake bacon, spinach, tomato, mozarella) I used Arnold Sandwich Thins in 100% whole wheat. I love these because they are only 100 calories each, only 1 gram of fat and each one holds 5 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein! I stacked some baby spinach leaves, a sliced tomato, sliced fresh mozarella, and topped it off with two slices of Morningstar Farms veggie bacon strips. Ok... I know, veggie bacon? I am not kidding you this stuff is awesome! It made my kitchen smell amazing, just like cooking real bacon! Not to mention it tastes just like it too only SO much healthier! I am not a vegetarian, but I love Morningstar Farms. Everything I have had by them has been amazing. Oh, and their corndogs? They taste just like the ones I buy at the State Fair, yes... the disgusting yet delicious ones. I have no clue how they do it, but I'm a fan. Here's a pic of my deeeeelicious sandy!


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend! I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!! Your dress is so cute! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Your dress is absolutely gorgeous I love it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. They flavor just like the ones I buy at the Condition Reasonable, yes... the dreadful yet delightful ones. I have no idea how they do it, but I'm a fan. Here's a pic of my deeeeelicious sandy!

    WOW Gold
    buying rs gold

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::