8.19.2010

Body Pump = Me Eating Healthy!

I've realized that after going to one class of body pump, I am immediately craving healthy foods. Which is a good thing, right?! It also makes my muscles sore which makes them feel tighter which makes me feel smaller... which I love! Regardless if I look any different or not, I definitely feel different! When I went to bed last night I was trying to think up a healthy concoction for a smoothie in the am. This is what I came up with, and it was a success!

My grandma gave me a couple cartons of fresh peaches she had frozen. So I thawed out one of those over night, and added about two or three large spoonfuls with two large spoonfuls (give or take) of plain greek yogurt, about 5 or 6 ice cubes, a handfull of baby spinach, a squirt (literally) of honey and some cinnamon (as much as you'd like). It looks disgusting, but it was certainly delish! I love how you can throw spinach into any fruit smoothie and it doesn't alter the taste, only makes it healthier and an ugly green color.


I decided to try out a recipe my mom has made for me before for my lunch today (Except she scrambled them). It's actually an Ina Garten recipe, but I altered it a teeny bit and well... forgot one ingredient so I had to improvise. But it turned out DELICIOUS! Herbed-Baked Eggs!

The recipe called for parsley, which I didn't have, and I also didn't measure everything exactly, I just eyeballed it to my liking. First of all turn your oven onto broil. Place one tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream into the bottom of a baking dish (small, single serving baking dish). Place into the oven so the butter melts, and starts to bubble.

While thats doing it's thing, mince up 1/4 tsp fresh garlic, 1/4 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves and 1 tbsp minced, fresh parsley (which I left out). Also, grate 1 tbsp fresh parmesan... I definitely grated more! I love cheese! Also, go ahead and crack your eggs (I used two eggs, but this recipe calls for 6) into a separate dish without breaking the yolks.

{I'd like to add here that I forgot to mince up my garlic, right after I had already put it in the oven! So, I quickly opened the oven up, put some dashes of garlic powder on top and put it back in. It still tasted phenomenal!}

ummm I think I need to buy some more parm!

Once the butter is melted and bubbly, take out of the oven, gently pour eggs into baking dish and top with the minced garlic & herb mixture, cheese and top with kosher salt and cracked pepper.

Obviously, I enjoy lots of herbs & cheese :)
Place into the oven for about 5 or 6 minutes, until the whites are almost done. They will continue to cook even when you take them out of the oven.

Serve with toast! Delicious!!
holy amazing!
Brice, I am making this for you this weekend!

On a side note, I thought I'd include this precious little photo of my Sophie. I just love her little profile! So happy I got to see her this week! :)

4 comments:

  1. Sophie will be so excited when I tell her she made your blog today! She missed her sister last night! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe looks so yummy! I do bodypump twice a week! It's so fun! It truly does make you feel smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea about adding spinach without altering the taste! Thanks for teaching me something! Now I can tell my husband I learn things from my addiction to blogs...haha!

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::