8.10.2010

Garlic Basil Shrimp & Parmesan Roasted Green Beans

All day I have been wanting to cook something! I finally decided to go onto Foodnetwork.com and find a simple recipe. Garlic Basil Shrimp seemed to be the winner! I decided I needed another veggie to accompany this dish so why not roast something?! {I have this obsession now for roasting everything} I chose some french green beans "hericot vert".

I snapped off the ends, tossed them in olive oil, kosher salt, cracked pepper and topped with fresh grated parmesan. Next, I roasted them in the oven on 400ยบ until all cheese was melted and crisp.

Pre roasting!

For the main dish, I made sure to prepare all ingredients before I began the cooking process. 

{Ingredients}
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 1/4 lbs. large shrimp, peeled & deveined
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/8 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes, or more to taste
• 3/4 cup dry white wine
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
• 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
• Salt & freshly ground black pepper

{Directions}
Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat until hot. Saute shrimp, until just cooked through (pink). Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.

sizzle sizzle! yum yum!

Add garlic and red pepper flakes to the oil remaining in skillet and cook for about 30 seconds. Add wine and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes (This part smells SO good!). Stir in basil and tomatoes then season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Return shrimp to pan and cook until heated through. 


I think this dish would be delicious over angel hair pasta as well, although this is the much healthier option! I may try some pasta with the left overs for lunch tomorrow. 

Such pretty colors!

I even loved how the juice from the shrimp got on some of the green beans... delicious! Everyone must try this delicious and healthy meal now!

4 comments:

  1. Saying "hericot vert" when you are southern is pretty hilarious. When I worked in fine dining in college, we had to use that term rather than "green beans" and I thought it sounded hysterical with my country twang! THat meal looks YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely delicious and light, too! I was looking for something to make for dinner tonight. Problem solved. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This looks amazing. Well, I don't eat seafood, but the green beans.. MMM. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my husband would eat that- I love light summer meals- he is a meat and three....arrggh

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::