9.23.2010

Tagged! 8 Questions!

Clare, over at Little Fish, Big C tagged me in her post "Tagged: 8 Questions!" So now I have a few questions to answer.
1. What is your favorite dessert?
Hmmm... that is a tough one! I'm gonna have to go with my mom's Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting! It's what I request every year for my birthday! :) Following in at a close second is Tiramisu! Let me tell you, Publix makes an amazing Tiramisu! You have to try it... I even find that a lot of non-coffee drinkers enjoy it!
2. Ever tried to cook something and fail miserably?
Ha! Actually.... no! Not that I can recall at least. If I am given a recipe, I can follow it. The only thing I've done before is forget to add salt and pepper to a dish, and another time I burnt the garlic and had to dump it out and start over. But once something like that happens it doesn't happen again!
 
3. Is there a dish you haven't made yet but really want to?
Yes, there are two. One being my grandma's chicken and dumplings! One day, I have to master this!! It must continue through the family! They are AMAAAZINGGG! The next would be crab cakes. I've never made them and keep saying I am going to! One day I promise I will!
 
4. What is your favorite food?
I just love food in general so this is hard! But I'm sure everyone could tell you that if I see Shrimp and Grits on the menu, I am ordering it! (duh, my blog name... hello!)
 
5. What is your least favorite food?
Least??? I really think that just is dependent on my mood. I'm not a huge fan of real coconut, I enjoy the "fake" coconut flavors like in pina coladas. I think it's a texture thing!
 
6. Do you have any seasonal meals you like?
Do I?! Um that would be an understatement.... my dad's chili! my mom's potato soup! breakfast for dinner! fried fish (summer)!, tomato sandwiches, Thanksgiving Dinner! (DRESSING!!!)
 
7. What is your comfort food?
Anything my mom would cook in the winter time. Country Fried Steak & mashed potatoes, meat loaf, casseroles, yum yum yum!
8. Chocolate: milk, dark or white?
 milk: on certain candy bars & in milk shakes
dark: m&m's
white: on pretzels :)



6 comments:

  1. A food tag! How fun! I'll have to give this some serious thought. I just made chicken and dumplings a couple weeks ago. My mom would make them. Totally comfort food and so yummy. Thanks for thinking of me. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! Thanks for tagging me! I will have to think about this - there are so many yummy foods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the "tag." :)

    I'd sure love that chicken & dumplings recipe. Would you ever consider sharing?

    I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes the other night for dinner. So delicious. I love comfort food, too!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl- I think we grew up in the same family! All of those things are my favorite dishs from my mom and grandmother- guess its a southern thing! Love hearing all about your food likes! Fun!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, i've tagged you in an award, http://howimetyourfatherblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/little-miss-blog-list.html

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::