9.12.2010

Weekend Recap: GO COCKS!!

My weekend was in limbo all day Friday since Brice wouldn't know until later that afternoon if he would have to work over the weekend or not. Which would mean we wouldn't be heading to Columbia for the Carolina vs. Georgia game. Not to my surprise, he texted me and told me he had to work on Sunday. So we quickly made weekend plans to make up for it! We had a nice (yet horrible service) dinner at Off the Hook Friday night ($25 off coupon... yes please!) on Sullivan's Island for some fried seafood! yum :) We started off with a fried calamari appetizer then both got the fried flounder basket. They give you a ton of food! And I felt like a balloon after eating all of that seafood. We planned out our day for Saturday since we knew it would be an early one! (12 pm game time...)

Brice's room mate Hunter stayed in town too so we made an early Saturday morning trip to the grocery store. (Hunter proceeded to let us know that he "loves Saturday morning shopping!" so we waited instead of getting it done on Friday night) We made sure the fridge was stocked...


I decided to still wear the same outfit I was planning on wearing to the tailgate, minus my game face of course.


 We decided to grill steaks & asparagus... one of our standard combos at the frat house (not really, I just call Brice's house the frat house)
Brice, adding the seasonings!

MMMM MEAT

asparagus... ready to be grilled!

Brice did a great job of manning the grill, my steak was cooked to perfection! :)



We also attempted to "Ice" Hunter. He claims he didn't see this when he went to get a glass of beer from this mini keg.


HAHA! Hunter, you must have been blind... oh well, he eventually gave in!
Down on one knee!!
 For the part that really matters... Gamecocks won!! WooHoooooo! I was so excited! Sad I wasn't there to celebrate with everyone, but I'm glad I had a more low key weekend! It helped me to get some things accomplished today! Designs, grocery shopping (ps. I bought groceries at Wal-Mart... holy half price of Publix! This may be my new place for "basics") I even made it to body pump at 3! Go me! :) I am all ready to start a new week tomorrow, and getting excited about my trip to Auburn next weekend :)

Well, the VMA's are about to start (pre-show) so I've gotta watch this craziness... but I have to leave you with my favorite pic from the weekend. Brice won't allow me to put it on Facebook because he claims he looks like he has a moustache... I just think it's funny!!



3 comments:

  1. Eww I didn't know he had to work on Sunday--yuck! Everyone keeps telling me to buy groceries at Walmart, but everytime I go to Walmart I swear up and down that I will never go back. I always have the worst experiences, but you really can't beat those prices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brice's fridge looks like our fridge with beer! :) I love the whole "ice" thing! The wedding I was in in August we all "iced" the groom on the party bus on the way to the reception!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!! I love that photos. Hysterical. Erik had to work Sat and Sunday! So I proceeded to find a Gamecock bar in Greenville, go in by myself (39 weeks preggo) and watch the game with a bunch of strangers. But it was actually fantastic. Not a single Clemson or UGA fan was in the place so I had fun celebrating with the random folks sitting next to me. You know they got a good laugh at me!

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::