I've decided to jump on the bandwagon! I've seen on several blogs the "30 Day Blog Challenge". I think this is a great idea to get people blogging who aren't very consistent (ahem... ME). I often get "bloggers block" and don't feel like I have anything super fun going on in my life to write about. Enter the 30 Day Blog Challenge! Now I will know what to write about every day for 30 days. Some may be super quick posts and some may be rather legnthy! Don't worry, my usual ramblings will still be included from time to time in separate posts!
Let's get started with Day 1! Today I'm supposed to talk about my favorite song. Seriously? I LOVE music, how can I have ONE favorite song. That is simply ridiculous. Instead, I'm going to list my top ten favorite songs. Let it be known that these top 10 can change week to week. However, the majority of them remain the same!
1. "Beast of Burden" -The Rolling Stones, just... enough said. It should be everyone's favorite song. I'm pretty sure I can't hear it without saying "ooh! my favorite song!!"
2. "The Carly Simon Anthology" - That's right, I listed the whole anthology... it's amazing and there is no way I can pick one song! LOVVVEE Carly!!!
3. "You Can Close Your Eyes" - James Taylor Whats Carly without her ex husband James? I could list his anthology too, but this is one of my all time favorites! And I can happily say I had the pleasure of hearing Carly, along with her son Ben & daughter Sally sing this! It was incredible, and I almost shed a tear. End. of. story.
4. "Hallelujah" - Jeff Buckley There are no words... no matter who sings this song, it always gives me chills!
5. "Before He Cheats" - Carrie Underwood There is no way I could leave Carrie out of this post... and this might be one of her all time greatest hits! Never get tired of this one!
6. "Sweet Child of Mine" -Guns n Roses Did I mention Carrie sang this at her concert and it might have been even better than the original? I'd love to see them sing together! Classic song!
7. "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" -Poision When Brett Michaels sang this on American Idol this year, I realized it was one of my favorites! Love Love Love this song... one of those you have to sing along to!
8. "Check Yes or No" -George Strait George... how does it really get any better than him? This song is one of his that just makes me super duper happy!
9. "Amber" 311 - Not gonna lie... I can never get tired of this song. It was my ringtone throughout college. Another one of those "It's my favorite song!" songs...
10. "Hungry Eyes" -Eric Carmen DIRTY DANCING... enough said. Greatest movie of all time! Let's relive this glorious moment! It won't let me embed the video... so here is the link!