10.13.2010

Day 1: Your Favorite Song

I've decided to jump on the bandwagon! I've seen on several blogs the "30 Day Blog Challenge". I think this is a great idea to get people blogging who aren't very consistent (ahem... ME). I often get "bloggers block" and don't feel like I have anything super fun going on in my life to write about. Enter the 30 Day Blog Challenge!  Now I will know what to write about every day for 30 days. Some may be super quick posts and some may be rather legnthy! Don't worry, my usual ramblings will still be included from time to time in separate posts!

Let's get started with Day 1! Today I'm supposed to talk about my favorite song. Seriously? I LOVE music, how can I have ONE favorite song. That is simply ridiculous. Instead, I'm going to list my top ten favorite songs. Let it be known that these top 10 can change week to week. However, the majority of them remain the same!

1. "Beast of Burden" -The Rolling Stones, just... enough said. It should be everyone's favorite song. I'm pretty sure I can't hear it without saying "ooh! my favorite song!!"

2. "The Carly Simon Anthology" - That's right, I listed the whole anthology... it's amazing and there is no way I can pick one song! LOVVVEE Carly!!!

3. "You Can Close Your Eyes" - James Taylor Whats Carly without her ex husband James? I could list his anthology too, but this is one of my all time favorites! And I can happily say I had the pleasure of hearing Carly, along with her son Ben & daughter Sally sing this! It was incredible, and I almost shed a tear. End. of. story.

4. "Hallelujah" - Jeff Buckley There are no words... no matter who sings this song, it always gives me chills!

5. "Before He Cheats" - Carrie Underwood There is no way I could leave Carrie out of this post... and this might be one of her all time greatest hits! Never get tired of this one!

6. "Sweet Child of Mine" -Guns n Roses  Did I mention Carrie sang this at her concert and it might have been even better than the original? I'd love to see them sing together! Classic song!

7. "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" -Poision When Brett Michaels sang this on American Idol this year, I realized it was one of my favorites! Love Love Love this song... one of those you have to sing along to!

8. "Check Yes or No" -George Strait George... how does it really get any better than him? This song is one of his that just makes me super duper happy!

9. "Amber" 311 - Not gonna lie... I can never get tired of this song. It was my ringtone throughout college. Another one of those "It's my favorite song!" songs...

10. "Hungry Eyes" -Eric Carmen DIRTY DANCING... enough said. Greatest movie of all time! Let's relive this glorious moment! It won't let me embed the video... so here is the link!
HUNGRY EYES

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I saw the list of days on a random blog! It looks like we may have adifferent list but here is the one I have!

    Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts

    Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name

    Day 3-Your first love

    Day 4-Your parents

    Day 5-Your siblings

    Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy

    Day 7-Favorite movies

    Day 8-A place you've traveled to

    Day 9-A picture of your friends

    Day 10-Something you're afraid of

    Day 11-Favorite tv shows

    Day 12-What you believe

    Day 13-Goals

    Day 14-A picture you love

    Day 15-Bible verse

    Day 16-Dream house

    Day 17-Something you're looking forward to

    Day 18-Something you regret

    Day 19-Something you miss

    Day 20-Nicknames

    Day 21-Picture of yourself

    Day 22-Favorite city

    Day 23-Favorite vacation

    Day 24-Something you've learned

    Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs

    Day 26-Picture of your family

    Day 27-Pets

    Day 28-Something that stresses you out

    Day 29-3 Wishes

    Day 30-a picture

    Beast Of Burden...my ringtone for years!!
    George Strait...always loved that song!
    ANY song from dirty dancing..haha!!

    Have a great Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh i LOVE Hungry Eyes! i get so excited when i catch it on the radio.

    and I love Amber too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously seriously so excited!! I can not think of anything better than Reba & George TOGETHER in concert! It's honestly like a dream come true .This month they giving away great George Strait Tickets at Ticketsinventory.com . it would be a dream for George fans.

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::