10.13.2010

Tomato Bisque

My mom recently made a pot of this delicious, melt in your mouth, heavenly, can't stop eating Tomato Bisque. I am not kidding, I could drink this... hook me up to an IV of it! It is a perfect fall/winter soup, and would be great accompanied with a grilled cheese or cheese toast. I chose to just eat two helpings of it instead! I currently have one large container in my refrigerator, and 3 containers frozen in my freezer to thaw whenever I feel like I need some! (Could be everyday for the rest of the winter). I thought everyone would enjoy this recipe, so I am sharing it with you!


Tomato Bisque

2 large onions, chopped
5 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 stick butter
1 28 oz. petite diced tomatoes (you can add an extra can to make it chunkier!)
1 46 oz. can tomato juice
3 bay leaves
1 tsp each: basil, dill, thyme, parsley
1 tsp baking soda
8 oz. cream cheese, softened cut into pieces
2 cups light cream
Combine onions in butter. Saute onions. Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato juice and herbs in a large pot. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in baking soda. (It will foam up!) Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add cream cheese and cream. Cook for 15 minutes until cream cheese melts.

Remove bay leaves, enjoy!

While I've been on my blogging hiatus, I've been working on a few design projects. I thought I would share these calling cards that I made for Caroline. I thought they turned out super cute! Tonight I'm designing some "mommy calling cards" for her sister. Will post those when I finish! :) If anyone is interested, there are 10 cards per sheet, and each sheet is $5, plus $10 for the design. You can e-mail me, ashleybrooke83@gmail.com. Hope everyone has a wonderful hump day!

7 comments:

  1. Yummy! I think I will have homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just forwarded this recipe to the BF and he said, "please make that ASAP!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cards are adorable! and you're right - nothing is better in the winter than some kind of yummy soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted a yummy tomato bisque recipe...thanks!! I am excited to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Show more images of the programs you did! I can't see it well enough!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I love the cards! I need to e-mail you back. . .

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::