10.28.2010

Weeked Recap... a week late, and blondies :)

So I'm 3-4 days late with this post... it's been a busy week! Last weekend wasn't SUPER eventful, but it was still a great weekend nonetheless! We had all intentions to have a gigantic birthday party filled weekend in Atlanta with Brice's family. Unfortunately after traveling for 5 hours we made it to his nephew Ashton's birthday 10 minutes before it was over! :( We felt so bad, it would have been a blast too... it was at the bowling alley! Saturday we woke up (EARLY) and headed to Brice's tennis match. I had to snap a few pics of my little tennis pro!


We were supposed to be celebrating his mom's birthday Saturday night, but she ended up sick so our plans got axed. Instead we headed to his sister Shea & brother in law Scott's house and watched the Auburn game. As usual, I had 3 pumpkin beers and fell asleep in the recliner like an old fart. Brice woke me up once the Carolina game was starting and we got ready and headed to dinner. It was scrumptious and I had shrimp and grits of course!

Sunday we woke up and had lunch with Mr. Sprayberry at the yacht club (excuse me, lunch = we devoured the salad & soup bar). I LOVE salad bars... they make me so happy, and they also had sweet potato bisque! YUM! I honestly could have sat on the boat all day long, it was such a gorgeous day! We finally decided to head back towards Columbia since we had the Darius Rucker concert that night at the State Fair.

Darius was amazing, and I expected nothing less. I got some great photos of the fair as the sun was setting.


George Rogers (Former South Carolina football player and 1980 Heisman Trophy winner) made an appearance on stage... I'm surprised he didn't bring his Heisman on stage. He takes that thing everywhere! He is always just hanging out by the stadium at every home game, with crowds of people around him taking photos. STILL 30 years later!



 Darius of course sang hits from his current country album as well as his first country album. But the greatest hits of the night were of course Hootie & the Blowfish tunes. He sang "Let Her Cry", "I Only Wanna Be With You" and "Hold My Hand". He also managed to sing Hank Williams Jr.'s "Family Tradition", David Allan Coe's "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" and ended the show with Prince's "Purple Rain" That alone made my night! Darius puts on an amazing concert, and if he or Hootie & the Blowfish do a concert in your area, it is a MUST that you go!

**Please note the South Carolina GAMECOCK flag in the background! Darius makes sure everyone knows what an amazing school USC is, and how much he loved his time there in college. My favorite quote of the night: "I appreciate all you Clemson fans out there wearing your Clemson hats... BUT CLEMSON STILL SUCKS!!" - Darius Rucker**

It's been a crazy week full of work, bridesmaids dress fittings, haunted hayrides and clowns popping out of nowhere with knives! (long story). But tonight amidst my packing for the USC vs. Tennessee game, watching Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, painting my nails and facebooking. I managed to cook up some blondies :) They turned out delicious, not too sweet, just right so they don't hurt my tummy!

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c all purpose flour
pinch of salt

Butter an 8x8 pan and preheat oven to 350ยบ.  Mix the melted butter and the brown sugar...
omggggg YUM

Add in the egg and vanilla... mix. Then add the rest: salt and flour.

I decided to add in some extra semi-sweet chocolate morsels I had in my pantry. A little chocolate never hurt anybody! Then spread into your 8x8 pan.

Cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the center and have it come out clean. Ovens vary. Let cool, cut into squares and serve! YUM!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Happy Halloween, Go Cocks & War Eagle!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, your pictures are beautiful!! what kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have a Nikon D3000 and my lens was a 55-200mm.

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::