11.07.2010

The Big 2-7!

It's not my birthday until Tuesday but this weekend we celebrated with my friends! A group of us all met at one of my all time favorite restaurants, Basil. Basil serves Thai cuisine and it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! If you have never had Thai food before and would like to try it... Basil is delicious! Every time I have gone I only eat about half of my plate. So this weekend Brice and I decided we would split our dinner. We ordered Basil Rolls for an appetizer, these are delicious! They include shrimp, rice noodles, lettuce, bean sprouts, & basil wrapped in a rice paper wrapper. It's also served with their house sauce that is sweet with a hint of spice! SO DELICIOUS my mouth is watering just typing this! For our entree we had the traditional Pad Thai. It's my favorite because it reminds me of peanut butter! haha... Pad Thai is the national dish of Thailand. Rice noodles stir fried with chicken, shrimp, bean sprouts, eggs, scallions, peanuts and pad thai sauce. I have to stop talking about it because it's making me HUNGRY!

They brought me a fried green tea icecream birthday cake! It was delicious! However, we couldn't eat all of it because of our full tummies!
My sweet Bricey Pooh!
 My friend Jonny came in town... he's currently up for the Cosmo Bachelor of the Year for South Carolina. So guess what my birthday present was? A signed copy the Cosmo he's in hahaha, hilarious!

We met up with the rest of our friends after dinner. Chelsea bought me a bottle of champagne that we happily popped! Thanks to the wonderful bartender that allowed us to bring it in! :)
cheers!

We had a really fun night and it's official that I'm getting old... I've slept for about 2 days straight! I'm looking forward to getting my new iPhone 4 in the mail, and to have more birthday celebrations! I can't believe I'm 27... it seems so old even though I know it's not!
2-7!
Happy Birthday to me! :)

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! When I turned 27, I couldn't believe it! It's officially the late 20's!! But, what's crazy is when people ask me how old I am, I automatically say, "25!!" hahaha. Not even 26, but 25! Maybe by the time I turn 28, I'll start saying I'm 27.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a really great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! You'll love your new iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hilarious - kevin and I do the basil rolls and pad thai there too - always splitting it. Love Basil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! It looks like you had a fabulous time! I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Glad you had fun celebrating this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I adore Basil- it's one of my favorites in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::