11.02.2010

Pumpkin Oat Muffins!

Last night as I was perusing blogs on my dashboard, I ran across a post from Belleicious Kids that sounded amazing! It's that time of year where anything pumpkin immediately catches my attention. Light and delicious pumpkin muffins... yes please! I immediately wrote the recipe down and kept in mind that I was going to bake these tonight!

They are SO easy to make and use such healthy ingredients so I didn't feel the least bit guilty! Not to mention I made Brice a plate, so it gives me the excuse "I'm making Brice pumpkin muffins!" and I felt like such a great girlfriend!

They turned out so fluffy and delicious, not to mention my apartment smells AMAZING!

{Ingredients}
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
2 small containers of applesauce (I used the cinnamon flavor)
2 eggs
1/3 c. olive oil (yes, olive oil!)
1 c. oats
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. honey

{Directions}
Whisk flour, salt, baking soda & baking powder together in a bowl.

In a separate bowl, whisk all remaining ingredients.

Combine together, scoop into greased muffin tins and pop in the oven on 350* until golden brown!

I check by sticking a toothpick in the center, when it comes out clean it is done!

I had to take a pic of my little display!

I decided to taste one while they were still warm! I drizzled a little honey over it and it was delicious!

3 comments:

::COMMENTS::