2.22.2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

 All day I have had a huge sweet tooth, and that rarely happens. I'm much more of a salty snacker! At lunch, I got a Chick-Fil-A cookies & cream milk shake... it was heaven! I thought that would do it... but no, while I was eating my very healthy dinner I thought I needed some peanut butter. But not just peanut butter, peanut butter in the form of a dessert. Wonderful, I just worked so hard at the gym plus I have been super healthy lately - I guess I'll consider this a little reward! I decided on this recipe from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice. I made a few alterations due to not having enough oats nor having any nuts or chocolate chips on hand. It turned out fabulous!

ughh why am I so messy?!
3/4 cup Butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup Peanut Butter {I used Smart Balance}
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 + 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups Rolled Oats {I only had 1 + 1/2 cups so I used some of my Bear Naked Banana Nut granola for the last half - I'm pretty sure the banana granola was an added bonus!}

2/3 cup nuts/ dried fruit/chocolate chips...etc. {optional}

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Beat together butter and peanut butter until well combined. Add sugars, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Beat until combined.

3. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in flour. Stir in oats, cranberries and nuts.

4. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown around edges.

5. Remove to wire racks to cool.

 


ooey gooey yumminess!!!
 I'll have to say I did take a few little tastes of the dough... I can't resist cookie dough! I was particularly excited to use my new cookie dough scooper I got from Santa!
 
cookie scooper!

 This little gadget ensures all of your cookies to be the same size... the perfect cookie size in my opinion. And look how cute they all look scooped out on the sheet?
 
perfection, I must say!
Peanut Butter + Oats + Cinnamon + Hint of Banana = PERFECTION
As much as I love these little bits of goodness, I don't need them sitting around so about 3/4 of them are heading to Brice's house on my lunch break tomorrow. You're welcome boys!

I am suggesting that all of you go make these now!!

6 comments:

  1. love this idea! i love that you used your granola. they sound awesome. FYI if you EVER need chocolate chips...stop by. i have like every kind of morsel ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had one right now...tonight I had to settle for one of my Bless Your Heart sugar cookies...Sophie got one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look delicious! i am on a nutella kick right now... uh-oh :)
    ~www.thealyway.blogspot.com~
    (I'm hosting my first giveaway this week!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! Don't tell me these things! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally looks like my kind of cookie! :)

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::