4.18.2011

Parties, Parties, Parties

I'll have to say that I really enjoyed this weekend and did not want it to end! Last week we were thinking we would be hit with those horrible storms that passed through the Southeast. I had planned to get up early on Saturday, run some errands and then hibernate inside until they all passed over. To my relief, we got zero storms... only sunshine and wind! Brice and I ran a few errands {I love checking things off a to-do list!} and then I had the bright idea to go to Menchies! I had never been before because it's a little out of the way of my usual route. {Side note: avoid Saturday's.... it was a zoo in there!} Of course I went in with the thought to make a great concoction, and came out with a smorgasboard of flavors. Everything just looks so tasty! I originally got cheesecake and thought I'd make a "turtle cheesecake" by topping it with chocolate, nuts & caramel. I proceeded to also get chocolate froyo, while topping it with every favorite candy bar, peanut butter, & cookie dough. It was heaven in my mouth, I really don't think you can go wrong at this place! {I took a photo but it won't upload correctly, I'll try again later!}

Saturday evening we had yet another engagement party for one of my very best friends, Jenny! You may remember my post on her bachelorette party! She is getting married in TWO WEEKS! I can't wait... this is going to be such a fun wedding! We had a night of yummy apps, drinks and great music! Not to mention I always love any time spent with my best friends!


Her Uncle Bob {we call him "Bartender Bob"} created an amazing drink list and even came up with a signature cocktail entitled the "Channifer"! It was definitely a HIT!

Shot glasses they had made for everyone!
Sunday morning I had a baby shower to attend. This was {believe it or not} my first trip to Red Drum and it was absolutely amazing! It was a perfect spring day, not a cloud in the sky! I had this precious koozie that Jenny's mom made for all of us waiting on me. It was a nautical theme since that is what she is doing in her nursery.


We sat out on the patio and had a menu of various brunch selections.


I chose the juevos rancheros. I used to have juevos rancheros in Acapulco for breakfast all the time so I was a little worried these might not pass the test! {Mexican food IN Mexico is just better!} Boy was I wrong, these were so yummy! I cleaned my plate!


After we devored every bite of our meals and opened presents they brought out plates of these to die for donut holes and a vanilla/caramel custard like dessert. I immediately said "this tastes just like fair food! YUM!" I love fair food... even though it's so greasy and unhealthy for you.

I continued the rest of my afternoon by the pool perusing magazines for a hairstyle for an upcoming wedding I'm in. {Hairstyle selections to be in the next post} I did not want my weekend to come to an end! At least this is only a 4 day work week for me! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fab weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend, mine was quite busy too! That koozie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those donut holes look delish! And i love the idea of creating signature shot glasses! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that blue dress and tan belt! longtime reader and i saw this on southernbellesecrets.tumblr.com and it reminded me of your blog perfectly!

    http://southernbellesecrets.tumblr.com/photo/1280/4918404829/1/tumblr_lk6opcgedc1qj281p

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::