5.16.2011

Busiest Weekend EVER!

This past weekend we headed back to Atlanta. We had FOUR events this weekend... we were prepared for it to be insane! After meeting Brice's friends out Friday night when we got there we woke up to attend his nephews 4th birthday party at 10 am! I was exhausted but made it through knowing I would be napping on the boat all afternoon. That evening we had not one but two parties taking place at the same time!

Brice and me with the bride & groom to be!
First we headed to Pete & Beth's engagement party. It was a nice little casual gathering of friends, food, drinks and corn hole! There were some GREAT recipes and I will definitely be finding out what those recipes are asap so that I can make them! (Not that I need them!)

Brice and his Auburn buddies
 We stayed about an hour and a half and then headed to Brice's sister Shea's 40th birthday party! It was amazing... I want a party just like this for my 40th! It was like a wedding reception only less formal. I thought I'd show a full length photo of the outfit my mom made for me... it's a jumper and I'm obsessed with it! I need more!


Here is Brice and the birthday girl!!


It was so much fun I didn't want to leave! We had so much fun dancing I could have done that all night!

We drove back to Columbia somewhat early on Sunday so that I could make my friend Katherine's baby shower! I've known Katherine since I was born. There were actually four of us in our little "group" Me, Mary, Katherine and Jenny. We went to preschool together, took dance class together, and then when we got to middle and high school Mary and I went to the rival high school of Katherine and Jenny. Here's a photo of us when we were little!

Mary, Katherine, Jenny & Me!
And here is a photo from Sunday!

Mary, Me, Katherine & Jenny
I'm so glad we are still friends and can get together for special occasions like this! I know Katherine is going to make a wonderful mother!

This was the perfect ending to such a great weekend... now on to the work week!! Happy Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe your mom made that jumper! I also love the dress you wore to the baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that jumper is fabulous! you're the only nonsupermodel ive seen pull it off! its so great to have those friends for life that are there for you no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool are those two pictures of you and your friends- little & big!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my precious girls! Seems like just yesterday you were little girls playing with Barbie dolls...and now you are all beautiful young women and soon Katherine will be a mommy! Sweet times together! I would love to know how many Barbie dolls ya'll had between the four of you! Way too many I'm sure! I love you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun weekend! Loved your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww sounds like you had a blast! Now come spend a weekend in Greenville. Harper misses his Auntie Brook and Uncle Brice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your blog and I love it. (The name alone is genius!) Darling weekend pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::