7.12.2011

New love... Spa Water

While we were at Rosemary Beach this summer, Brice's sister Mendy prepared "spa water" and we all fell in love! She had a special water pitcher, the Prodyne® Fruit Infusion Pitcher.
 It's an acrylic water pitcher with a tube that goes down the middle with holes in it. This tube holds anything you want to flavor your water with. There are a lot of great books out there with ideas, but we kept it simple and made cucumber water and cantaloupe water. Both were delicious! It's so much more refreshing than just plain old water! Another great idea is flavoring tea. {I think raspberry would be a great choice!}

When we all returned home we immediately took our Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupons and purchased one immediately! So far I've had a lot of cucumber water, watermelon water, lemon & rosemary water and next I want to try a berry mix of raspberries, blueberries, strawberries & blackberries! Yum!


9 comments:

  1. Oh I have to get this! Sounds delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had watermelon water for the first time at a little cafe in Savannah this summer! Flavored water with fresh fruit is so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get this pitcher! I actually just did a post on spa water the other day too. Love it!

    http://preppypinkcrocodile.blogspot.com/2011/07/spa-water-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to go to BBB and buy this tomorrow! Sounds fun! I love Hint bottled water (raspberry lime is my fav), so this will be a good alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the cucumber water you had when I visited. It was so refreshing. I think lemon/thyme would be good too...Giada has a recipe for lemon/thyme bars and that gave me the idea...of course I love mint and have had strawberries and mint in a salad so I think that would be a good combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet Jaime would love this too :) Will definitely be buying a pitcher and trying this... thanks for the idea, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing, glad you shared, will have to pick one up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wondered about these things - my fiance and I have been registering at BB&B and I wondered about this...I might have to add it to the list just for the hell of it. :)

    P.S. I'm a member of ESAC now...I am taking Body Pump and Flow tonight at Johnnie Dodds - when and where do you teach? I tried to email you, but couldn't find your email on your profile. I'd love more info about the group classes... please tell the powers that be at your gym that the ESAC website needs more info/descriptions about the classes... :)

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::