7.18.2011

Weekend Recap

Thursday I came home to find this lovely package sitting outside of my door...
IZZE!!! Yum! This is what was inside...
Blackberry, Grapefruit, Pomegranate & Clementine
I had never had IZZE before, so I was really anxious to try it. What is IZZE? It's pure fruit juice and a splash of sparkling water. No added sugar, caffeine or preservatives. It's very refreshing and not overly sweet like most sodas. I'd definitely buy them again, I really enjoyed the sparkling grapefruit the most!

Saturday Brice and I decided to not go to the beach and instead go look at boats. Ok, this was primarily Brice's decision... he wants a boat SO bad! This was one of our personal favorites:

Nice, right?! I think we've both decided that a 22 foot Scout in this aqua color is what we would LOVE! Well... hopefully someday we'll get to have this luxury!

 After dreaming we decided to head up to North Charleston to a fairly new little restaurant Brice had lunch at with his work crew one day. EVO stands for Extra Virgin Oven. It is so cute!! I love everything about this place. {including the fact that they serve your beverage in mason jars!} I just wish they were located in Mt. Pleasant!! {I guess that's a good thing though because I'd find myself there way too often.} Another reason to love this place is the fact that EVERYTHING is local. Even the meat! Although I was really eyeing their mushroom soup {which was a special that day} I decided to get the Pistachio Pesto. I'm obsessed with pesto and could literally eat it everyday... so I thought I'd try something other than basil pesto. This pizza was amazing!

Let me just list the description here... pistachio pesto, goat cheese, créme fraîche, house mozzarella, parmigiano-reggiano, and sea salt. YUM!!

Brice chose their specialty, the Pork Trifecta.
Holy cow this was delicious... it includes: house made sweet sausage, pepperoni, smoked bacon, house mozzarella and red sauce. If you like meat... then this is your pizza!

It was a nice relaxing weekend... I definitely relaxed by taking a nap on Saturday AND a nap on Sunday. Geez... is this a sign of getting old??

3 comments:

  1. Ah! I love Scout's! I grew up on a lagoon where flats boats are more popular but a friend of mine has a Scout that we would take out of the Everglades quite often. He would always get compliments on it in the wee morning hours when we were fueling up at the gas station before heading out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum that sounds sooo good. And I have been obsessed with Izze for awhile now. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love EVO! The pesto pistachio is my favorite. Cork'd Bistro up in Park Circle is also really amazing.

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::