9.05.2011

It's officially football season!

Let me just start by saying that this is going to be a really long post...

I thought I'd share with y'all a tomato pie recipe that I cooked for Brice and me on Thursday night. It was SO good! Healthy? Not one bit... but that is what makes it so yummy!

Ingredients

  • 4 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
  • 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onion
  • 1 (9-inch) prebaked deep dish pie shell (I used Pillsbury)
  • 1 cup grated mozzarella
  • 1 cup grated cheddar
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Punch a few holes in your pie shell with a fork and place in the oven until lightly baked.

Place the tomato slices on a a few sheets of paper towels. Salt and let sit for about an hour.


Layer the tomato slices, basil, and onion in pie shell. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the grated cheeses and mayonnaise together. Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.


To serve, cut into slices and serve warm. 


I didn't take any photos of the "cut pie" b/c it is a little messy! Doesn't quite come out so perfect like pictures suggest. However, still tasted delicious!!

Friday, I came home to a little treat! I had been working on this Auburn belt for Brice for quite a while. Yes, every little stitch took about 2.5-3 weeks to complete. But I ended up REALLY enjoying it! I could do it for a living - no lie.
He has always loved the Smather's and Branson belts. In my opinion, this is WAY better! I designed it AND made it. So special :) Not to mention, Smathers and Branson doesn't have as many "AU's" around it and it also doesn't say "AUBURN" - BAM.


So happy!
He also had a little treat for me too!

Go Cocks!!
Friday night we prepared our meat for Saturday. Please take a look at this, Brice's first attempt at butterflying a flank steak.

And then we marinated it in red wine and shallots... YUM! Then let it sit overnight.


Saturday {aka GAME DAY} we enjoyed some mimosas while preparing the rest of the marinated flank.
With my Gamecock pimp cup!!
Brice, enjoyed a morning shot of Crown and Gingerale (that was a little flat) eww.

Check out this fancy schmancy shot glass!


Here we go with the rest of the flank steak.

Top with proscuitto...

 Top with fontina cheese and basil leaves...

Roll up, tie with kitchen string, coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.

Grill it!!

Slice and top with basil leaves and a cabernet reduction!

Holy moly this junk was amazing!! Seriously, everyone go make this now.

Sunday night we headed up to Red's so I could hang out a little with Christy who was on the Race with me! She lives in Austin, TX so we never see each other. It was so great to see her and meet her sweet fiance, Eric!


This blog post has interfered with Bachelor Pad... I must get back to my love/hate relationship with that show! Praying for Vienna and Kasey to GO HOME!!!

P.S. who is watching Kim K's proposal tonight at 10?! THIS GIRL IS. I will probably cry... I love romantical things... can't wait to watch the wedding in October!

8 comments:

  1. ahh I want to do a needlepoint belt! where did you get the directions/a hot to book? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you with your belt-sewing craftiness, Suzy Homemaker! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food looks so delish and good job on the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe you made that belt!!! It came out great!!! I really want to learn to needlepoint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The belt you made is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that flank steak looks amazing, i gotta try!

    I didnt get to watch Kim K's proposal last night ..prob watch tonight but I did watch Bach Pad .. I actually fast forwarded through the end, I was getting really tired of the same old crap on that show lol but the finale is next week, cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the belt! My friends and I recently started needlepointing keychains and want to do belts. Could you tell me where/how you had it finished, it's awesome! Thanks!
    kellyhandly@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you do that belt?! I want to make one for my boyfriend! He would love that. Please share :) I cant believe I missed Kim's proposal! I'm sure it will be on over and over again! (thankfully!)

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::