11.16.2011

Almost that time of year!

I don't know about y'all but I have been getting in the Christmas spirit EARLY this year. I don't now what it is... but it seems like everyone else is too. Is it just me or did the Christmas music on the radio and decorations at the mall not show up until Thanksgiving when we were growing up? Well, a local Charleston radio station (95.9 for you Charleston people) already has Christmas music playing 24/7 (yippee!) and last week I noticed the candy canes already lining in front of our Town Center and Christmas lights galore. This makes me say "oh, I think I need to decorate my place too". For any of you that don't know this already... I LOVE Christmas time and all of the lights, glitter, music and movies that come along with it.

Thought I'd share today a few of my favorite Christmas albums that will be on repeat until New Years.

Miss Mariah Carey... I'm sure everyone that grew up in the 90s has this album. It's just such a classic. Even though we will hear "All I Want for Christmas is You" 95,603,343 times this season... I will NEVER get tired of it and proceed to sing it at the top of my lungs each and every time.



Elvis Duets. Seriously, this album is GOOD. Elvis fan or not... you've gotta love his Christmas tunes! PS. Carrie sings with him on one track. It's amazing of course.
Finally, my girl Jessica. I LOVED Jessica Simpson in college and never missed an episode of Newlyweds. This Christmas Album is a MUST.



Anyone remember the Nick & Jessica Family Christmas Special?? My roomie at the time, Colleen, and I recorded this on our VHS tape in the dorm room and proceeded to watch it pretty much everyday.
LOVE IT.

Oh... look what I found! YOU'RE WELCOME!

Tis the season!! (It won't let me embed... so click on each part for the link)

5 comments:

  1. I have never seen that Elvis CD, gonna have to check that out! And I love both of the others, they are on repeat in my car daily! Another great one is Mercy Me, the Christmas Sessions, great arrangements on some traditional classics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty thrilled about Christmas being right around the corner and while I am listening to Christmas music (there is a station here in Athens, Ga that is already playing it too!) and have purchased a few gifts I am refusing to not decorate until after Thanksgiving. I feel like sometimes T-giving gets lost in the rush and it is my favorite holiday because we get to eat! No where else but America would eating be celebrated Haha!!! The 98 Degrees "This Christmas" album is my personal favorite, get it on itunes I promise it won't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I got in the holiday spirit a LOT earlier this year. I don't mind though! I've been listening to Mariah Carey's Christmas station on Pandora... love it!

    Do you go to James Island for The Festival of Lights? If that doesn't make you smile with holiday cheer, nothing will! I'm so sad that I won't be able to go this year

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *loved* Jessica and Nick.. I am totally going to have to watch that when I am in the privacy of my own home! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Christmas music, I just wish the weather here wasn't in the 80's!

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::