2.20.2012

Bachelorette Weekend in VA!

This weekend we ventured to Virginia for Haley's bachelorette party! 


I consistently joked that Jenny and I would get lost on the 6 hour drive up... oh, shouldn't have joked because we totally did. We somehow found ourselves in the middle of a gravel road in the woods with no cell service... I swear I was in The Blair Witch Project. Scary. Scary. Scary. I backed out of there pretty quickly!

This is what it looked like... I am not lying... except it was about 9:30 at night and pitch black dark.


Why we even attempted to drive down this I have no idea... let's also not forget the super creepy house it was next door to. NEVER AGAIN.

When we arrived we were greeted with these hot little numbers to wear for the weekend...


I like our feet :)


We spent Friday night giving Haley a lingerie shower, catching up and drinking wine... can't post those pics just in case Thomas, Haley's fiancé, sees my blog!

Saturday we went to Chateau Morrisette for a little wine tour and tasting.



Kira & I were super amused by this apron

Zero to naked in 1.5 bottles hahaha

Some photos from the winery...



We headed up the mountain to The Lodge at Primland
to make dinner reservations. Meanwhile, we ran into Abe Lincoln


What?! I don't know... he was just hanging out celebrating President's Day! I'd also like to mention... that the bell boy even knew about us getting lost Friday night. Were we really the talk of the town?! WOW.


This place is absolutely gorgeous!


We woke up at 7 am to THIS


It was pouring snow... we high tailed it outta them hills back to the beach! I don't do cold weather at all!

It was a great weekend, cannot wait to celebrate Haley & Thomas' nuptials in a month!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my word! That road looks way scary! I so would have been crying! I'm glad you made it out okay though! Love the jammies -- so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Christy & Haley! What a small world. Christy is my college roommate/best friend's sister. I went to Lander and Haley and I worked at Sportsbreak together. What a small world! Looks like you girls had a blast, even in the cold :) Those pjs are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kinda in love with those pajamas! Look so comfy!

    It looks like y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! My family has made yearly trips up to that area for the past fifteen years now! We stay at a cute house about a mile from Chateau Morrisette and always go for a wine tasting, to buy wine, play with the dogs, and then usually go back a second (maybe even third, haha) time to buy more wine! It's such a beautiful area, but I've never seen it covered in snow, so I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a bach party... I could use a nice long weekend at a winery sometime soon. I need to get my single friends to hurry up and get engaged. :)

    P.S. Your hair looks so good! As someone with very, very baby fine, thin hair, extensions are my best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect bachelorette weekend! Looks like you had a great time and your hair looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the events that usually happens while taking break while rehearsing for a movie.

    Blair Witch Project

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show yous some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :)LOVING the red PJ's you guys had on! super cute

    http://infinitelifefintess.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey
    I enjoy your blog!, This unique is just a totally nicely structured posting, I do appreciate the writing
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I love your blog! That's such a cute blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect weekend. Looks like such a fabulous time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg im dying looking at allyour pretty girls in your onesies..omg i love it! i love anyone that can be silly & just have fun. how adorable! i just found your blog..love the name! very cool!

    xo MessyDirtyHair.com

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::